Based in Melbourne, Australia
DescriptionFramed is an award winning narrative-puzzle game that plays like an animated comic book. Each page of the noir thriller presents a series of panels that depict an important action or event. Players change the order of these events, changing the outcome of the story. This results in a unique interactive narrative, where every action is framed by the last, and the only thing tying the narrative vignettes together is the context the player carries in their mind.
HistoryJoshua Boggs, Adrian Moore, and Ollie Browne left Firemint shortly after the independent mobile studio was acquired by Electronic Arts. Within months, in an effort to get back to their independent roots - they founded Loveshack Entertainment and received a government grant on the back of a pitch involving nothing but square bits of paper with stickman drawings on them. They wanted to work in a small team, they wanted to be accountable for their actions and, most importantly, they wanted to make the game that had been fighting its way out of their collective heads — a game described as something unlike anything out there right now.
- Innovative narrative-puzzle game that uses panels as a mechanic to weave together new narratives.
- Unique, hand drawn aesthetic with silhouetted characters.
- Fully-scored game, with a live jazz band.
- Extremely simple mechanic of swapping panels.
- Focus on context to alter the meaning of the narrative.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner - Excellence in Design, IGF China" IGF China Award Ceremony, 16th September 2013
- "Winner - Best Game, Freeplay Independent Games Festival" Freeplay Award Ceremony, 29th September 2013
- "Winner - Best Design, Freeplay Independent Games Festival" Freeplay Award Ceremony, 29th September 2013
- "Winner - Best Upcoming Game, IMGAwards 2014" International Mobile Game Awards, 2014
- "Finalist - Most Amazing Game, A MAZE Festival" A MAZE Festival Berlin, 2014
- "Finalist - SXSW Gaming Awards" South by Southwest, 2014
- "Finalist - Visual Art, Freeplay Independent Games Festival" Freeplay Award Ceremony, 29th September 2013
- "Finalist - Narrative, Freeplay Independent Games Festival" Freeplay Award Ceremony, 29th September 2013
- " Finalist - Technical Innovation, Freeplay Independent Games Festival" Freeplay Award Ceremony, 29th September 2013
- "Official Selection - PAX EAST Indie Showcase" PAX East, April 11-13th 2014
- "Official Selection - BAFTA Inside Games Showcase" BAFTA Inside Games Event, 12th March 2014
- "Official Selection - Eurogamer Indie Games Arcade" Eurogamer Expo, 26-29th September 2013
- "Official Selection - Sense of Wonder Night" Tokyo Games Show, 19th September 2013
- "Official Selection - Toronto Comics vs Games Showcase" Toronto Comic Arts Festival, 11th May 2013
- "I was blown away by Loveshack’s Framed."
- Jerry Holkins (Tycho), Penny Arcade
- "Framed is a game that exists in the gutters, and I mean that in the nicest possible way"
- Ben Kuchera, The PA Report
- "Framed meshes narrative and gameplay like nothing else."
- Richard Moss, Mac Life
- "Framed has an incredible art style, and it plays unlike anything else we’ve seen."
- Andrew Podolsky, Slide To Play
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Loveshack is an award winning, independent game studio, founded by Joshua Boggs, Adrian Moore, and Ollie Browne. We make games with love in a shack.
More information on Loveshack, our logo & relevant media are available here.